The symposium will to bring together local, regional and international scientists who have conducted research in Nepal or in contexts relevant to Nepal, as well as policy makers and program implementers in Nepal on August 13-14, 2013 to discuss scientific evidence that provides insights about the causal pathways and interactions leading from food production to market to household, diet and nutritional well-being.
It is our hope that this symposium will foster the exchange of new ideas, encourage innovations, and present the latest research findings on nutrition-sensitive program elements that can improve food security and status among nutritionally vulnerable groups.
How to Get Involved:
- Submit an Abstract: The selection of oral and poster presentations will be based on research abstracts submitted by no later than June 30th, 2013.
- Click here for details on abstract submission requirements.
- Abstracts reporting findings from scientific research on the following topics will be given highest priority:
- Impact of nutrition-sensitive interventions on food security, diet and nutritional status
- Nature and extent of causal linkage between food production, price and market availability, household access, utilization and consumption, and nutritional status.
- Valid and reliable ways to measure agriculture-to-nutrition linkages
- Register for the Symposium: Click here for details on registration.