If you are a start-up entrepreneur, women-led enterprise or have an idea to integrate social and environmental benefits, solving pressing local issues or making significant contributions to mitigating climate change or if you need support to help establish and grow your enterprise, then you can apply for this funding.
The SEED Awards 2013 receives support from the European Union, the German Federal Ministry for theEnvironment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, the government of Flanders, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women), the UN Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the international law firm Hogan Lovells.
For the 2013 cycle, SEED will make available up to:
- 15 SEED Awards to enterprises in Ethiopia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania and Uganda;
- 5 SEED Awards for enterprises in South Africa;
- 3 SEED Awards for South African enterprises in the provinces of Free State, Limpopo and KwaZulu Natal;
- 10 SEED Low Carbon Awards for enterprises in Colombia, India, Tanzania, Uganda and Vietnam;
- 2 SEED Gender Equality Awards, for enterprises in other countries (except countries that are OECD or EU members).
You will be able to apply for a 2013 SEED Award if your enterprise:
- demonstrates entrepreneurship and innovation
- delivers economic, social and environmental benefits
- has the intention and potential to become financially sustainable
- is a partnership between different stakeholder groups
- is locally driven or locally led
- has potential for scale up or significant replication
- is in the early stages of implementation
- is in a country with a developing or emerging economy
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, June 12th, 2013, 23:59 Central European Time (CET).
For more information, visit this link.