The Young Innovators Competition 2013 is looking for young people aged between 18 and 26 years with an inspirational ICT-based solution to developmental challenges. Ten winning finalists will be selected to attend ITU Telecom World 2013 in Bangkok, taking part in workshops, pitching sessions, mentoring and networking, plus receiving seed funding of up to USD 10,000 per project.
Organized by the ITU Telecom World, this competition is looking for innovative solutions which can really make an impact on the world and improve people’s lives by using connected technologies (ICTs) to address one of our Six Grand Challenges:
- Improve employment opportunities for young people and migrant workers
- Reduce food and water wastage at individual and retail level
- Facilitate access to public services for the elderly
- Improve natural disaster prediction and response
- Improve road safety for both drivers and pedestrians
- Protect sensitive personal data and inspire the creation of local digital content
ITU Telecom World 2013 is the leading platform for the global ICT community. High-level debate, knowledge-sharing and networking. The essentials to drive industry success and address critical world socio-economic challenges. The one conversation that matters, with the people that matter, with the power to make a real difference in the world.
The ITU Telecom World 2013 will be held from 19 to 22 November 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand.
For more information, visit this link.